What is pipe relining?
Pipe relining is a modern technology which involves repairing broken or leaking pipes from the inside by using existing access points. A plumber will use specific material to create a new pipe within the existing pipe.
Feel free to reach out to the pipe relining professionals at Emergency Drains to schedule a free consultation. If you are unsure about the condition of your pipes, get in touch with us so that our relining experts inspect your sewer line.
What is pipe replacement?
Pipe replacement, as the name suggests, involves the removal of the damaged pipes and then replacing it with a brand new one.
What is the difference between pipe relining and replacement?
The major difference between pipe relining and replacement is the procedure used to repair damaged pipes. Pipe relining involves a plumber inserting a liner into the existing pipe to seal off all the cracks and leaks. On the other hand, pipe replacement is when the plumber completely removes the damaged pipe and installs a brand new one. Although pipe replacement may sound simpler, pipe relining is often recommended more than the other.
Advantages of pipe relining
- Lower labour costs
- No reconstruction or rubbish removal costs
- Less invasive and disruption to lifestyle
- No evacuation required
- Less time intensive
- Long-term solution when done correctly
- A longer warranty is often offered on relined pipes
- More environmentally friendly
Disadvantages of pipe relining
- Higher materials cost per metre
- Not possible in every situation
Advantages of pipe replacement
- Ability to choose type of material from a wide range of options
- Owner of the building or home can see progress of pipe replacement
- Less susceptible to mistakes associated with installation procedures or methods
- Enables for better inspection of any other potential errors such as root damage or pest infestation
- Can be done in almost all circumstances
Disadvantages of pipe replacement
- Higher labour costs
- Reconstruction or rubbish removal expenses
- More disruptive to lifestyle as the whole process can be extremely loud
- Warranty is often shorter
- Damaging to surrounding environment such as your garden and even the sidewalk
- Takes more time than some newer methods
- Requires a team of professional plumbers
All in all, it is difficult to choose which procedure is best suitable for your house since it depends on a variety of factors. If you are looking for professional plumbers to handle all your plumbing needs, Emergency Drains is here for you!
Emergency Drains offer a 30-year warranty on our pipe relining services, and a 10% discount on all of our plumbing services to pensioners. We offer a variety of services such as blocked drains and sewage drains inspections, 24 hour plumber services, CCTV drain inspection, blocked sewer pipe issues, and many other services.